Vegetarian stir-fry’s don’t have to be boring. Spice things up with this delish recipe that uses tofu and some fresh veggies to mix things up. A perfect intro dish for anyone looking to start meat free Mondays.
Kale Stir Fry
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 bunch kale roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 green apple peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch white sesame seeds garnish
- 1 pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbspo Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- Drain the tofu and try and get as much moisture out of it as possible before cutting.
- Cut the tofu into small 1 inch cubes and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in a large frying pan and add the tofu. Cook until golden brown and crispy and then remove and set aside.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for a minute, and then toss in the chopped kale and shredded cabbage. Cook that down until the kale starts to wilt and soften.
- Add in the julienned carrot, Lee Kum Kee Cooking Soy Sauce and Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce and cook for another couple minutes. Add sliced green apples, place the tofu back in and give a few final tosses.
- Serve the stir fry over noodles, rice or by itself. Optional: top it off with some white sesame seeds.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.