Asparagus is one of those veggies that doesn’t seem to be for everyone but let us tell you, once you’ve cooked them up this way you’ll be in love. Easy to whip up and perfect as a side dish no matter the time of year, this recipe serves 4.
½ cup farro, washed
200g LeaderBrand Asparagus
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
To garnish, microgreens or fresh herbs
Chilli & Chive Vinaigrette:
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ tsp Dijon mustard
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 red chilli, deseeded and minced
1 bunch chives, finely chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the woody ends from the LeaderBrand Asparagus. Toss in olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add farro. Cook for 20 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl or glass jar whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and red chilli. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or barbecue plate until hot. Place the LeaderBrand Asparagus spears on the hot plate and cook turning regularly for 6-8 minutes. The asparagus should be tender, but not so overcooked that it turns floppy and starts to break.
- Mix half of the chilli vinaigrette through the cooled farro. Spread on a serving platter and top with barbecued asparagus spears and garnish with a few microgreens. Drizzle over the remaining chilli vinaigrette to serve.
Can be served warm or cold.
- Beetroot cocktail
- Gooey caramel and beetroot cheesecake slice
- Broccoslaw and shredded lamb pita pockets
- BBQ grilled corn