We love a quick and easy dinner – especially after a long day. This spinach and feta back is full of flavour, and doubles as a great lunch the next day. With 5 serves, this bake makes for the perfect winter comfort food or last minute dinner idea.
Easy Spinach and Feta Bake
Whip up this simple dinner that doubles as a great winter comfort food.
Servings: 5 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 300 grams spinach bag
- 2 tsp dried dill optional
- 1 tbsp mint chopped
- 100 grams feta crumbled
- 3 cups day old bread ripped in to 2cm chunks
- 5 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese 100g
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 30 x 21cm baking dish with oil.
- Gently heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Add the spinach and cook until well wilted, drain off any excess liquid. Sprinkle over the dill and mint and mix through the feta. Season with salt and pepper remembering that the feta will also add saltiness.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and ½ cup of the cheese. Arrange half of the bread in the base of a baking dish, top with the spinach mixture and sprinkle over the tasty cheese. Arrange the remaining bread over the top.
- Evenly pour over the egg mixture and bake for 20 minutes until just set.
Recipe provided by NZ Eggs
If you make this recipe, let us know in the comments how you found it.