Looking for something healthy but delicious and nutritious? Look no further! This Mexican bowl is full of flavour, and all the good stuff! We have got your dinner sorted!
Healthy Mexican Bowl
- 500 grams Minced Beef
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 cup Corn
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder or Flakes
- 400 grams Tin Tomatoes in Juice
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 11/2 Brown Rice and Quinoa Mix
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 450 grams Black Beans
- 1 Yellow Capsicum
- 1 Large Avocado
- Chipotle Mayo
- Corn Chips
- Heat a dash of oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and spices and cook until fragrant, aprox 30 seconds. Add mince and brown, stirring to break up.
- Once the mince has browned add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and carrot. Stir through until well combined and bring to a gentle simmer. Lower the heat and add the corn. Season to taste and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. You can cover with a lid to prevent the mixture drying out.
- Divide the mince into four serving bowls with the cooked brown rice and quinoa mix, chopped cherry tomatoes, black beans, capsicum and mashed avocado. Drizzle with a chipotle mayo and top with coriander and sliced red chilli. . Serve alongside corn chips for dippng into the mince and lime wedges for extra flavour.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.