Need a delicious and easy dinner? Give these Beef Pita Pockets a try! They are low carb and oh so yummy!
Beef Burger Pita
- 500 grams Minced Beef
- 1/2 cup Fresh white Breadcrumbs in 2 tbsp milk
- 4 Spring Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- dried red chilli flakes to taste optional
- 1 cup Natural Unsweetened Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves shredded
- 4 Pita Bread
- Small Salad Leaves or Shredded Iceberg Lettuce to serve
- 100 grams Blue Cheese crumbled
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Season well and shape into 4 large patties.
- Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat (or heat a barbecue plate until hot) and place the patties on. Cook for 16-18 minutes, turning and cooking the sides as well until they are cooked through.
- Mix together the yoghurt and mint.
- Soften pitas as per packet instructions or toast. Place salad leaves moistened with a little yoghurt and mint dressing into the pita, follow with the beef patty and a scattering of blue cheese. Serve with remaining yoghurt and mint dressing in a small bow
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.