Have you got a little soiree coming up and need a little hors d’oeuvres on the table? These tarts are just to die for and will 100% be loved by everyone!
Caramelized Onion and Feta Tarts
- 3 Sheets Savory Pastry Thawed
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Onion Chutney
- 80 grams Feta Crumbled
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 3 tbsp Spring Onion Finely Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Spray 2 x 12-hole mini muffin pans with oil.
- Use a 5cm cutter to cut 24 rounds from the pastry. Press the pastry rounds into the prepared pans.
- Place a small spoonful of the caramelised onion chutney in the bottom of each pastry case. Top with a little of the feta.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and black pepper together in a bowl until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a jug. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the tarts, filling each to just below the top of the pastry.
- Top each tart with a little chopped spring onion. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the pastry is golden. Leave the tarts to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to cooling racks.
Tip: You can use your favourite onion marmalade or fruit chutney in place of caramelised onion chutney.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.