You can never beat home-made meat loaves… Plus they’re super duper easy and loved by the whole family!
- Muffin Pan
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Carrot Peeled and Grated
- 1 stalk Celery Finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 Slices of Bread Made into breadcrumbs
- 500 grams Minced Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic, carrot and celery together until tender. Sprinkle in the herbs and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, mince, egg, cooled cooked vegetables and 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and divide the mixture between the cups, then smooth the tops with the back of a spoon. You can spread a spot of tomato sauce on top of each one with the spoon before placing them into the oven to bake.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.