This is a Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Low Carb, No Added Sugar loaf with a source of Protein and source Dietary Fibre
A moist, flavoursome banana bread filled with crunchy walnuts and ready for toasting.
No Added Sugar Banana Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cups Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/3 cups Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetner
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed ripe Banana approx 2-3 med bananas
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170c. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond meal, cinnamon, bi carbonate soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, Coconut oil, Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener and vanilla for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, then fold through the almond meal mixture until combined.
- Gently fold through the chopped walnuts until evenly combined throughout the mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased pan, and sprinkle with some more cinnamon or banana slices
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, slice into 8 pieces and serve
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.