- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Using a pencil, draw a circle in the center of some baking paper – use a dinner plate as a guideline.
- Whisk the egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue looks glossy.
- Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Spread the meringue inside the circle, creating a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle. Bake for 1 hr, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely inside the oven.
- Top with thick beaten cream and your favorite fruit just before serving
Tip: We love to grate a bit of dark chocolate on the top after adding the fruit