Nasi goreng is Indonesian fried rice which, due to the spice blend used to make it, comes with its own unique taste. The spices also work well with lamb so here I have simply rubbed the spice blend into lamb chops.
Nasi Goreng - Spiced Lamb Chops
- 10-12 Lamb Chops or Lamb Leg Steaks
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder or Salt
- 2 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Laos or Galangal
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Trim excess fat from the lamb chops.
- Mix together all the spices and sprinkle evenly over the lamb. Drizzle with the oil and massage the spice blend into the meat. Set aside for 5 minutes or refrigerate overnight to marinade.
- Cook the chops or steak on a barbeque over a moderate heat for 10-15 minutes, turning once, until well browned on the outside but still medium in the inside.
- Serve the chops or steaks on a large platter scattered with the fruit, grilled beans, sugar snap or snow peas and coriander. Serve a bowl of prawn crackers on the side if wished.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.