Want to dabble in some Asian cuisine? This dish is simple and easy to nail! Impress your friends and family with this delicious Asian treat!
Asian Beef with Noodles
- 600 grams Sirloin Steak cut into thin strips
- 200 grams Dried Noodles
- 1/2 head Broccoli
- 150 grams Green Beans
- 150 grams Button Mushrooms
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Fresh Ginger 2.5cm piece
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the beef strips in a non-metallic dish and pour over the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Add a dash of oil and toss to prevent them sticking together.
- Heat a wok until hot. Add a good dash of oil, and when hot, add half the beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining beef. Keep remaining marinade.
- Add another dash of oil to the wok. Add the broccoli and beans and stir-fry until partially tender. (Add a dash of water or stock if the vegetables look dry and are colouring too quickly). Add mushrooms, spring onion and chilli. Stir-fry until all vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Return the beef and remaining marinade to the wok, toss quickly then serve immediately.
- Place the noodles in a large shallow serving bowl. Spoon over the beef stir-fry and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.