Vegetarian or not, these chickpea and vegetable wraps are a quick and easy meal you can whip together for lunch or serve with homemade kumara fries for a ‘takeaway’ dinner.
Chickpea and Vegetable Wraps
- 1 packet wraps or pita bread
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 1 tbsp hummus per wrap
- 1 handful baby spinach per wrap
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 250 grams green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Chop broccoli of the stem.
- In a small fry pan, heat oil and lightly cook broccoli and green beans with salt and pepper for 5 - 6 minutes until they're bright green.
- Place broccoli into a bowl on the side and lightly fry the chickpeas.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, feta and any seasoning you like (cumin, paprika etc.).
- Lay out your wraps and spread a thin layer of hummus as your base.
- Add spinach, broccoli, green beans and chickpea mixture
- Add a little avocado to add some extra flavour
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.