From Australia’s bestselling and most trusted cook comes a stunning new book featuring super-fresh, super-fast recipes to help you feel nourished and energised … and ready to savour life.
If you’re looking for a fresh and easy dinner that is going to delight your tastebuds and impress your guests, look no further than this summer fruits recipe.
Your favourite tastes with a healthy twist, this recipe is one of our new go-to recipes. Available now in Donna Hay’s Everyday Fresh: Meals in Minutes.
This super-easy tray bake dessert celebrates my favourite summer fruits. All the flavours work in harmony – from the tang of the raspberry pan sauce to the sweet cloud of honeyed marshmallow.
Summer Fruits with Toasted Honey Marshmallow
- 5 Mixed Seasonal Stone Fruits
- 1/4 cup Raw Cater Sugar superfine
- 2 cups Frozen Raspberries
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Cut stone fruits in half, remove and discard stones and place cut-side up on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle the fruit with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Toss raspberries and remaining sugar together in a bowl and place around stone fruit on baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, whisk egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form. Slowly add honey and continue to whisk until thick and glossy.
- Place spoonful's of the honey marshmallow on top of the stone fruit. Return to the oven and bake for 3 minutes or until golden and toasted.
There are days when it feels as though there’s barely time to eat dinner, let alone prepare it. Donna knows on days like these, we all need a little Everyday Fresh in our lives. We all want to create delicious meals packed with flavour and everything that’s good for us, with a minimum of fuss. And that’s exactly what Donna Hay delivers.
Recipes extracted from Everyday Fresh by Donna Hay, published by HarperCollins, RRP$50.00. Grab your copy here!