From Australia’s bestselling and most trusted cook comes a stunning new book featuring super-fresh, super-fast recipes to help you feel nourished and energised … and ready to savour life.
If you’re looking for a fresh and easy dinner that is going to delight your tastebuds and impress your guests, look no further than this sticky soy chicken with sesame noodles recipe.
Your favourite tastes with a healthy twist, this recipe is one of our new go-to recipes. Available now in Donna Hay’s Everyday Fresh: Meals in Minutes.
Sticky Soy Chicken with Sesame Noodles
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150 grams Dried Soba Noodles cooked
- 2 Zucchini shredded
- 2 tbsp White or Black Sesame Seeds
- Coriander to Serve
- 600 grams Chicken Mince
- 1/4 cup White Chia Seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sause
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 2 Green Onions finely chopped
Sticky Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp White Miso Paste
- 3/4 cup Mirin (Japanese Rice Wine)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- To make the chicken meatballs, place the chicken, chia seeds, garlic, ginger, hoisin, chilli and onion in a bowl and mix to combine. Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls, place on a tray lined with baking paper and set aside.
- Pour the oil onto a large deep-sided baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until hot. Add the meatballs to the tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- To make the sticky soy sauce, whisk together the soy, miso, mirin, sesame oil, vinegar and honey.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and carefully pour the soy mixture over the meatballs. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the pan sauce is thickened.
- To serve, place noodles and zucchini into serving bowls and sprinkle with sesame. Top with meatballs, sticky soy sauce and coriander.
There are days when it feels as though there’s barely time to eat dinner, let alone prepare it. Donna knows on days like these, we all need a little Everyday Fresh in our lives. We all want to create delicious meals packed with flavour and everything that’s good for us, with a minimum of fuss. And that’s exactly what Donna Hay delivers.
Recipes extracted from Everyday Fresh by Donna Hay, published by HarperCollins, RRP$50.00. Grab your copy here!