Kale Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Herb Roasted Chicken
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 3 Golden Beets trimmed and peeled
- 2 med Carrots trimmed and peeled
- 1 small Broccoli
- 2 Taylor Farms Kale Chopped Salad Kit
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then season all over with salt and pepper. In a small bowl stir together the thyme, oregano, rosemary and parsley then sprinkle it liberally to evenly coat the chicken.
- Preheat grill to high, making sure that the grill grates are clean and free from food debris. Grill until completely cooked through, about 6 minutes each side. Remove and let stand for about 10 minutes then slice against the grain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Toss the vegetables in the remaining olive oil and spread in an even single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper then roast until tender and slightly golden-brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add the salad mix to a large mixing bowl along with the vegetables and toss with the lemon vinaigrette. Top with the Asiago cheese, croutons and chicken. Divide into salad bowls to serve.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.