- 1 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Small Green Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Small Red Cabbage shredded
- 4 Medium Celery Stalks sliced diagonally
- 2 Medium Carrots coarsely grated
- In a bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the two cabbages, celery and carrot. Add dressing and toss through. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or until chilled.
A food processor with a shredding blade will make this the fastest salad in the world to make. But if you don't have such an appliance, a good kitchen knife will do just as good a job, though a little slower!
This is a salad that actually benefits from sitting around soaking in the dressing. Coleslaw the next day is almost always better than same-day coleslaw.
Don't be concerned if the dressing goes pink after a couple of hours it's just the colour from the red cabbage seeping out.
There's a reason that coleslaw is considered a classic salad as not only does it taste fantastic, is full of very-good-for-you cabbage, and it goes with everything! Perfect with barbecued meat!
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.