Sprinkled with jewel-like pomegranate seeds and drenched with sweet-sour pomegranate syrup, this pizza has panache to spare!
Lebanese Lamb Pizza
- 300 grams Lamb Mince
- 1 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Large Tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried Tomato Pesto or Paste
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- Pizza Bases
- 100-150 grams Feta Cheese
- 2-3 tsp Pomegranate Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place 2 trays or pizza stones into the oven to preheat.
- Brown the lamb mince in a dash of oil, in a frying-pan, breaking it up with the back of a spoon as it browns. Set aside. Reduce the heat, add a further dash of oil and gently pan-fry the onion until tender.
- Toss together the cooked onion and mince with the tomato, sun-dried tomato pesto or paste and pine nuts. Season if wished.
- Place the pizza bases on the preheated trays and brush the edges with oil. Divide the lamb mixture evenly between the 2 pizza bases and crumble the feta evenly over the top.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and hot and the pizza dough is cooked. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and scatter with fresh pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley leaves, if wished. Serve with a salad on the side.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.