This cauliflower pizza base is a great low-carb way to have your pizza and eat it too. You can also use this pizza to sneak vegetables into your diet.
Cauliflower Pizza Base
- 4 cups Riced Cauliflower
- 4 Eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups Pizza Blend Grated Cheese
- 4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
- To rice cauliflower, roughly chop 1 head cauliflower.
- Place in the food processor and pulse 8-10 times. Repeat with the rest of the cauliflower.
- Place in a lidded dish and microwave for 10 minutes. Now you have riced cauliflower. Preheat oven to 220°C conventional (200°C fan-forced). Cover two pizza trays with baking paper and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix four cups of riced cauliflower, egg and cheese until combined. Add the oregano, garlic and salt and mix until combined.
- Place half of the mixture on each tray and pat into a round shape that is around 1cm thick.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes until the base is golden. Add your favourite toppings and return to the oven just until the cheese is melted.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.