Looking for an easy pick me up winter meal? I found your fix! Try this delicious Chicken Pot Pie that is bound to make you feel warm and cozy!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 roll Pie pastry
- 1/3 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/3 cup Onion chopped
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cup Chicken or Turkey Shredded
- 2 cup Vegetables of choice
- Heat oven to 200°C. Prepare pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.