From Australia’s bestselling and most trusted cook comes a stunning new book featuring super-fresh, super-fast recipes to help you feel nourished and energised … and ready to savour life.
If you’re looking for a fresh and easy dinner that is going to delight your tastebuds and impress your guests, look no further than this zucchini ravioli.
Your favourite tastes with a healthy twist, this recipe is one of our new go-to recipes. Available now in Donna Hay’s Everyday Fresh: Meals in Minutes.
This meal is delicious and satisfies even the harshest critics! Have a try at Donna Hay’s Zucchini Ravioli today! This recipe is one for the books, literally!
Zucchini 3-cheese Ravioli with Baked Tomato Sauce
Baked Tomato Sauce
- 750 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1/2 cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Zucchini 3-Cheese Ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 150 grams Soft Goat Cheese
- 2 tbsp Chives chopped
- 6 Zucchini Sliced on a mandoline
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- To make the baked tomato sauce, make a small cut into each tomato, squeeze out and discard seeds. Place tomatoes into a large baking dish with the oil, thyme, stock, vinegar, maple, salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
- To make the zucchini 3-cheese ravioli, place ricotta, parmesan, goat’s cheese, chives, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix to combine. On a board, lay 4slices of zucchini overlapping each other in the centre (it will look like a star).
- Place a heaped tablespoon of cheese mixture in the centre, then fold over zucchini to enclose filling. Turn over the ravioli so the zucchini ends are underneath. Repeat with remaining zucchini and cheese mixture.
- Place the zucchini ravioli on top of hot tomato sauce. Brush with oil and bake for 20minutes or until the edges of the zucchini are lightly golden. Serve scattered with a little extra parmesan and basil leaves.
There are days when it feels as though there’s barely time to eat dinner, let alone prepare it. Donna knows on days like these, we all need a little Everyday Fresh in our lives. We all want to create delicious meals packed with flavour and everything that’s good for us, with a minimum of fuss. And that’s exactly what Donna Hay delivers.
Recipes extracted from Everyday Fresh by Donna Hay, published by HarperCollins, RRP$50.00. Grab your copy here!