Tiramisu is an absolute delight in summer! You can make this dessert with decaf coffee or make it alcohol free by skipping the liqueur.
- 250 grams Mascarpone
- 250 grams Ricotta
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Espresso Coffee or 3 tbs instant coffee in hot water
- 80 mls Coffee Liqueur
- 10-12 Sponge Fingers
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder or Grated Chocolate
- Use an electric mixer to beat the mascarpone, ricotta, egg and sugar for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Combine the coffee and liqueur in a bowl. Dip sponge fingers into the coffee mixture, then place in a single layer in a 2L (8-cup) glass bowl or individual dishes.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture over the layer of sponge fingers. Repeat layering with the sponge fingers and coffee mixture, then the mascarpone mixture.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, you will make 2 or 3 layers.
- Smooth the surface and dust evenly with the cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the sponge fingers to soften and the flavours to develop.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.