Ola! This new recipe from Mexico is a feast of colours and flavours.
Mexican Pan Frittata
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Red Onion sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Red or Yellow Capsicum deseeded and chopped
- 1 cob Sweet Corn
- 1/3 cup Corriander chopped
- 200 grams Mini Roma Tomatoes halved
- 8 Eggs large
- Salsa store bought
- Avocado and Lime to Serve
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Heat oil over medium heat in a 20cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan with oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add capsicum and corn, cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until capsicum softens. Stir in chopped coriander.
- Spread mixture evenly over the base of pan. Scatter tomatoes over mixture. Whisk eggs in a jug. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Shake the pan to evenly distribute egg. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes or until almost set.
- Place pan under hot grill for 3-5 minutes or until top just sets. Stand for 5 minutes then transfer to a board. Cut into wedges. Serve with tomato salsa, diced avocado, coriander and lime wedges.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.