Our Jalapeño aioli double patty smash burger is a crowd favourite that we love to make whenever entertaining guests. It’s a quick and easy recipe that tastes great. It’s comprised of two juicy patties topped with two slices of cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce and a spicy jalapeño sauce on a lightly toasted bun.
Jalapeno Double Smash Burgers
- 600 grams Minced Beef
- Canola Oil Spray
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Aioli
- 1/4 cup Pickled Jalapenos chopped
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno Brine
- Brioche Buns
- Salad Greens
- Place the Aioli, chopped jalapeño peppers and brine in a jar and mix until smooth. Set aside until required.
- Divide the mince into eight equal portions. Using clean hands, form each portion into plum-sized balls. Season with salt and spray a dot of oil on top each ball.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large pan or hotplate. Add a ball of mince and using a metal BBQ flip, press the flip on top of the ball to press out into a very flat patty, you can drive the flip down further by pressing a wooden muddler onto the back of it. Repeat with the rest of the patties (you may have to cook in 2 batches). Cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat so you have a nice caramelised crust, then turn over and drape each patty with cheese. Cook until patties are starting to char and cheese is nicely melted.
- In the meantime, warm brioche buns and slather bottom bun with the jalapeño aioli.
- Stack two cheese patties onto each bottom bun and top with lettuce, tomato, onion, more jalapeño aioli and the top bun.
- Serve with shoestring fries and extra jalapeño aioli for dipping.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.