Are frozen margaritas a summer staple for you? Well you’re going to love these….
These will go down a treat, make your fav flavour and keep them stocked up in the freezer!
Top tips: Everyone loves these! They’re perfect for a BBQ or party with friends or family
- 1 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 2 tbsp Orange Liqueur
- 2 cups Frozen Mango
- 2 cup Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 4 Limes sliced
- 15 Cups
- 15 Popsicle Sticks
- Make margarita base: In a large glass measuring cup or pitcher, stir together lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, water, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Divide 1/3 of the mixture among 5 cups.
- Pour 1/3 more of the margarita base into a blender and blend with frozen mango, adding more water by the tablespoon if necessary, until mixture is smooth and creamy. Divide among 5 more cups.
- Rinse blender and pour remaining 1/3 of the margarita base into blender. Add strawberries and blend, adding more water by the tablespoon if necessary, until mixture is smooth and creamy. Divide mixture among the last 5 cups.
- Insert a wooden spoon or popsicle stick into the centre of each lime slice and top on each cup, making sure there is no room between the mixture and lime slice.
- Freeze until solid, at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut open Dixie cup with scissors and peel them away from the pops.
- Sprinkle with margarita salt.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.