If you’re looking to freshen up your boring desserts then this is the recipe for you!
This recipe is perfect for summer and who doesn’t love cheesecake?
Mango Cheesecake with Passionfruit Sauce
- 500 grams Nice Biscuits
- 100 grams Butter melted and cooled
- 2 x 500 grams Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Thickened Cream
- 800 grams Tinned Mango drained
- 2 sachets Gelatine
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 1 tin Passionfruit Pulp
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- Line a 20cm springform tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, process the biscuits and butter together until they are fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the base; press down firmly with flat base of a glass. Refrigerate while making the topping.
- In a food processor, process the cream cheese, sugar, thickened cream and mango until smooth.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water and add to the mixture, processing further to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the biscuit crumb base and smooth the top flat. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set.
- Passionfruit sauce: Place the passionfruit and sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Let cool and pour over top of cake once it has set.
- If you want to make the passionfruit sauce into a passion fruit topping on the cake, you can add 2 tbsp of cornflour to ½ cup of cold water and mix this into the saucepan after the sugar has melted. Bring it to the boil and cool. Pour over the top of the set cheesecake and refrigerate until the topping has set.
- The same way that you make this a mango cheesecake, you can change this into a raspberry cheesecake or blueberry cheesecake by adding 500g of fruit.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.