Okay but who doesn’t love a yum healthy snack? These little guys have just enough crunch and flavor to keep us going. Craving salt but avoiding chips and unhealthy snacks? These sticky-spicy bites will save you from reaching for empty calories.
Honey-Garlic Crunchy Cauliflower
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 Head Cauliflower chopped in bite size
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion sliced
- Preheat oven to 200° and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, toss until fully coated. Set up a dredging station: In one bowl,add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 table spoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, until the cornstarch dissolves completely. Set aside. Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice and Sriracha in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture reaches a boil,reduce heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Bring to simmer again and cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Toss cooked cauliflower in sauce until evenly coated. Return the cauliflower to baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Spring Onion and serve immediately
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.