If this punch tastes a bit strong, try adding extra fruit juice or soda water to soften it down a bit. Since this punch is a bit potent, remember to remind your guests not to drink and drive.
- 1 L Orange Juice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Lemon Rind
- 2 bottles Sherry
- 600 ml Pineapple Juice
- 1 bottle Sparkling Water
- 1 bottle Soda Water
- oranges, lemons and mint to decorate
- In a small saucepan bring 250mL of the orange juice, cinnamon stick and lemon rind to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine sherry, the remaining 750mL orange juice and the pineapple juice.
- Add the cinnamon mixture, stir and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, pour punch into chilled punch-bowl, add the bottle of sparkling white wine and of soda water.
- Decorate with sliced oranges, lemons and fresh mint.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.