Everyone loves a good Pad Thai. But we need it without all the fuss and complications… so we are giving you this easy recipe for Pad Thai in under 30 minutes!
Easy Pad Thai
- 200 grams Wide Rice Noodles
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 Eggs lightly whisked
- 450 grams Choice of Meat
- 2 Green Onions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles until al dente. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add capsicum and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add the meat of choice and season with salt and pepper.
- Push meat and vegetables to one side of the pan and pour in the egg. Scramble until just set then mix with the meat mixture. Add the cooked noodles and toss until combined. Pour in the lime juice mixture and toss until the noodles are coated.
- Garnish with green onions and roasted peanuts before serving.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.