This carrot and kumara soup is a great way to use up your veggies before they start to go off. Whip it together in no time or slow cook it in your slow cooker for a delish winter warmer dinner.
Carrot, Kumara and Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 litre vegetable stock liquid
- 5 medium carrots peeled and diced into chunks
- 1 medium orange kumara peeled and diced into chunks
- 250 ml coconut milk or cream
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, sauté onion until soft.
- Add curry powder, sauté 1 minute.
- Add stock, water, carrot chunks and sweet potato chunks.
- Simmer on a low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add coconut milk and puree mixture with a stick blender or in a food processor.
- Reheat gently.
Written by Billie Turei
An environmental goddess who loves to spend her weekends drinking wine and perfecting her Master Chef skills, this little foodie can callback any 90’s hip-hop jam and obscure pop-culture references. You’ll usually find Billie eating Thai food and heading off for impromptu road-trips with her squad.
Favourite food to cure a hangover: Hash browns. All of them.