Press release: Auckland Live, 22 January 2021
Summer in the Square is back again from 24 Jan – 25 Feb in Aotea Square! Sit back relax and enjoy the amazing events Auckland Live is putting on just for us! It wouldn’t be summer fun without all the extra goodies that will be available for you to enjoy. Make a night of it by taking advantage of what’s on offer!
- Tasty, high quality meals and bites at the Hello Sailor pop-up café.
- Ice-cream cart with old fashioned hand-rolled ice creams.
- Access to a full bar at Hello Sailor and The Terrace Café.
- Or BYO alcohol-free picnic to enjoy from the comfort of a bean bag.
- Cheap parking rates at the Civic Carpark.
- Aotea Square is easily reached by bus.
Some films we are excited to see this year are…
- Ponyo (G). Sun 24 Jan, 5.30pm
- Take Home Pay (M) Thu 28 Jan, 6.30pm Kick your Auckland Anniversary weekend off with this Pasifika action-comedy film filmed in Samoa and Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Hairspray (PG) Thu 4 Feb, 6.30pm
- Whale Rider (PG) Sun 7 Feb, 4pm. Celebrate Waitangi Weekend with this much-loved NZ classic.
- Yellow is Forbidden (G) Thu 11 Feb, 6.30pm Celebrate the start of the Chinese New Year
- Valentine’s Day movie – People’s Choice* Sun 14 Feb, 6.30pm You get to choose the film screening on Valentine’s Day! Head to Auckland Live’s Facebook page, where from Fri 22 Jan you can vote for the movie you’d most like to see: La La Land (M) or Some Like It Hot (PG).
- I am Greta – Thu 18 Feb, 6.30pm
- The Sapphires (PG) Thu 25 Feb, 6.30pm
Make sure to check out the full Auckland Live Summer in the Square programme so you don’t miss anything at: aucklandlive.co.nz/event/summer-in-the-square-2021
What movie are you excited to see in the square?