Pack your bags and jump in the car because just 70 kilometres south of the Auckland CBD is the most tranquil and relaxing place you’ll ever visit. Nestled along the coastal cliff tops of Karioitahi Beach on the west coast of Auckland, Castaways Resort is the perfect place to disconnect and escape for the weekend.
As someone who is notoriously bad at being too busy to relax, getting away for the night and removing myself from all the things I have to do is really the only way I find time to recharge. Needless to say, a weekend out in Mother Nature with the stunning coastal views and the delish (and I do mean delish) food you’ll find at Castaways Resort is just what the Dr. ordered.
What does Castaways Resort offer?
Well equipped to entertain your girl squad or to help you indulge in a romantic weekend away, Castaways Resort offers an arrange of accomodation options and activities so you can have as wild or low key a weekend as you’d like.
Couples can get off the grid in style with their Instagram worthy Couples Glam Camping Experience.
Each Couples Glam Camp features an ensuite, kitchen, king bed, central heating, indulgent outdoor bath and stunning views of the Tasman Sea from the coastal tents, or a backdrop of native New Zealand bush at our Totara Tree tent. Winter or summer, rain or shine, Castaways Resort Glam Camps are set up for all seasons and all weather.
And to excite your taste buds, every Castaways Resort Glam Camping Couples Package includes a delicious gourmet dinner and breakfast package complete with cooking instructions plus, treats and wine.
- Coastal: Bath under the stars and enjoy a gourmet dinner and breakfast package in your own private location.
- Tree top: Be one with nature in this serene space that is only a short drive or bike ride away (15km). Spend your morning soaking in their suspended outdoor bath and enjoy a gourmet feast while you listen to the native bird songs.
Find out more about the Couples Glam Camping Experience and surprise your partner with a romantic getaway.
Grab a group of friends and head to Castaways for a weekend away you won’t forget. With 15 spacious two bedroom Chalets and 10 stylish studio units, they have options for everyone.
Find out more about their accommodation options.
Whether you’re travelling overseas or you’re venturing around our lush backyard, there’s one thing every Kiwi wants when they’re away – good food! The Castaways Restaurant & Bar has a spectacular view over Karioitahi Beach and the Tasman Sea and their chefs serve up mouth-watering breakfast, lunch and dinner options daily. Head over for a cocktail (or two or three) and dine out with your crew while you soak in the late afternoon sun.
Check out their menus and get ready to feel your taste-buds dance.
Why not mix up your relaxing weekend away and throw in an activity that will satisfy your inner adventurer.
- Archery: Grab your bow and arrow, take aim and see if you’re a hot shot or an outside chance on our hillside archery range.
- Blokarting: Hit the beach for a unique experience where wheels connect you with the sand and your sail connects you with the air.
- Combat Arrow Tag: Navigate through the game area with inflatable obstacles as you tag the opposing team and shoot targets. A referee and all equipment provided
- Frisbee Golf: This leisurely game is just like golf but you’re throwing a Frisbee from goal to goal instead. This is a self run activity and you will be provided with a map and score card.
- Clay Bird Shooting: Test your aim at our very own target range set on the farm lands behind the resort. You’ll receive a full safety briefing then enjoy ripping apart clay birds – if you hit them that is!
- Airsoft Pistol Shooting: Ready… Aim… Fire! Let off some steam shooting targets in our airsoft pistol range. A great activity for smaller groups.
There aren’t too many things better than a relaxing massage after a long week. Head over to the Balinese influenced Bersantai Day Spa and treat yo’ self to a massage, facial, manicure or pedicure. If you’re interested in a full pamper sesh, they have amazing packages that are well worth splashing the cash on.
What’d we think?
One of our resident babes went out to Castaways for a weekend and came back raving about her time away. An easy drive from Auckland, she was impressed with the amazing views, the great facilities and the overall experience of disconnecting from her devices and reconnecting with the things that really matter. As serene and picturesque as it appears, she’s already planning (as am I) a Summer getaway to Castaways.
If you’re looking to get away for the weekend to relax, recharge and reconnect, don’t pass up a chance to stay at the luxurious Castaways Resort.
Check out Castaways to find out more about their facilities and to book.
Written by Monique Renee
Usually barefoot and deep in wanderlust mode, Mon loves binging Netflix, cuddling babies and stalking through Instagram looking for boho decor inspo and hotties with man buns. You’ll usually find her on holiday, planning a holiday or thinking about holidays.
Favourite Instagram to follow: @hotdudesreading