Tacos are hugely popular for good reason – super tasty, packed with goodies, and easy to make.
Whip up the tacos and then add store bought salsas plus some chopped coriander (if that’s your thing) and voila! Better than take out!
Chicken and Chipotle Tacos
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 500 grams lean chicken mince
- 400 gram can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chipotle chillies in adobo sauce chopped (a little kick)
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 12 small flour tortilla lightly toasted
- tomato salsa store-bought
- avocado salsa store-bought
- coriander leaves optional
- Place the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring with a spatula for 3–5 minutes, until the onion is soft
- Add the chicken mince and cook for 5minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through, breaking up any lumps with your spatula as you cook. Add the black beans, chipotle chillies and paprika and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the tomato salsa, avocado salsa and coriander, then roll up to enclose the filling and dig in!
Styling: Donna Hay
Recipe: dh team
This recipe is just one of more than 175 included in the new and expanded edition of Basics to Brilliance Kids – A Healthy Book For Big and Little Kids (HarperCollins, RRP $49.99), by bestselling cookbook author, Donna Hay.
All about the importance of mastering the basics, a celebration of fresh, healthy food, and the joy of cooking, these fantastic, fun-filled, simple, family-friendly recipes give you and your kids endless ideas for birthday parties, picnics, school fairs, bake sales, family and celebration dinners, brilliant breakfasts, beach days, backyard movie nights and sleepovers.