10 – 12 servings
Requires an ice cream maker
- 3 1/2 cups trim milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles form around the edge (try not to boil).
- Whisk eggs. Slowly add half of the milk to the eggs and stir. Return to pan.
- Boil sugar, cream and butter in a large saucepan until sugar dissolves (caramel). Remove from heat and add salt.
- Combine caramel with the egg mixture, stir constantly. Return to a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the product’s instructions.
- Stand for one hour before serving.