Can a breakfast get any more classic than eggs bennie?
We love, love, love this easy recipe and the homemade hollandaise sauce will fast become your new favourite.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 lemon, juiced, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Beat egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Slowly pour melted butter into the egg yolk mixture while whisking.
- Heat in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds; whisk.
- Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water.
- Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar.
- Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center.
- Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate
Drizzle hollandaise sauce on top of eggs and serve with slices of smoked salmon on top of your favourite toast, breakfast muffin or bagel.
Tip: We love to use avocado as our base instead of butter as it still gives that creamy taste.