Prep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Ready in: 1 hour, 15 min
- 1 1/4 cups (280g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- 65g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (30g) plain flour
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20x30cm baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups sugar, bicarb soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in the eggs and sour cream until smooth, then fold in the rhubarb. Pour into the prepared dish and spread evenly. In a smaller bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup flour until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cake then dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes.