Makes 10 – 14 cookies
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk or white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in both sugars until smooth and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg with a whisk or fork and stir into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a small bowl and then gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined. Stir through chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden then remove from oven and allow to cool.