Makes 1 cake or 16 – 20 cupcakes
Prep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of grated peeled carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 125g softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Grease or line a cake tin with baking paper
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add sugar, carrot, walnuts, oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Spread evenly into cake tin and back for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Stand for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack
- Use an electric beater to mix cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth and spread over cooled cake.