- 1 pack of LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets, halved
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 head LeaderBrand Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 Tbsp flaked almonds, toasted for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease a 20 x 30cm slice pan.
- Join the pastry sheets together and overlap the sheets to create a 1cm seam. Line the pan with the pastry and trim the edges. Using a small sharp knife, score a 1cm edge around the pan. Bake the pastry for 8-10 minutes, until it is lightly golden and puffed. Press down on the puffed-up center so that it is no longer raised.
- Reduce the oven to 180°C.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling hot water for 30 seconds, then drain well and pat dry.
- In a jug, whisk together eggs, sour cream, parmesan and season to taste. Pour the mixture evenly over the pastry and top it off with the broccoli and beetroot. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the mixture is set.
- To serve, sprinkle the tart with toasted almonds and enjoy either cold or warm