Don’t get me wrong, I am just as obsessed with falsies as the next girl. But after years of practice I have learnt that specific lash shapes compliment different eye shapes. Different shapes will also create different effects. Read up on your falsie styles and create that sexy sultry eye look we know you love.
There are 5 common eye shapes:
- Almond Eyes: almond-shaped eyes generally have a smaller eyelid and are longer in width than they are round, and slightly turn upwards in the outer corners.
- Round Eyes: To determine if you have round eyes, look in the mirror at your crease. If you have round eyes, your crease will always be noticeable.
- Monolid Eyes: If you don’t have much of a crease where your eyelids meet the skin below your eyebrows that is an indication if you have monolid eyelids.
- Downturned Eyes: The mirror will be a key tool in determining your eye shape. When you look at your eyes in the mirror, if your outer–corner points downward, you have down-turned eyes.
- Hooded Eyes: Hooded eyes are very common; they have the appearance of a small flap of skin under each eyebrow, covering more of the mobile eyelid.
Almond eyes are the most universal shape and are blessed with versatility – a wide variety of false eyelashes will work for you, however, you may want to take full advantage of your ability to create the perfect cat-eye. Ardell Demi Wispies are our go-to lash for accentuating your eye shape, thanks to the mixed lengths and fanned-out bunches. Pair with the DUO Clear Adhesive and watch your smise come to life!
You have been blessed with amazing dimension! Enhance this depth further by avoiding very thick false lashes, which could overwhelm your lash line and make your eyes appear smaller. Instead, look for wispy and winged eyelashes. When you want a bit of seduction, apply Ardell Extension FX C Curl lashes to elongate and widen, achieving the ultimate cat-eye effect.
You lucky lady – monolids are practically a blank canvas! However, although you could create a crease with any lash style, we would recommend shying away from denser, double-layer lashes that could make your eyelids look weighed down.
Downturned eyes are that captivating, vintage-esque shape you see on all of the movie starlets from the 1920s. False eyelashes that are too dense and heavy will only highlight the downturn, so for a more modern look, stick with lashes that are wispy and natural-looking.
Hooded eyes are sultry and mysterious. Emphasise your natural shape, with faux lashes that taper at the ends and have long lashes in the center. Ardell Light As Air in #521 will quickly become your number one, thanks to its all-over volume and length – creating the perfect open-eyed illusion. With the ultra-light technology, you won’t even know you’re wearing them.
Written by Sophia Ivory
Curly hair and she don’t care, this stylish babe plays by her own rules. With a love for dance and all things body positive, you’ll usually find her searching out the latest fashion trends and digging through local thrift stores. Word of warning, don’t bring your dachshund around her, she’ll want to keep it.
Check out her Instagram for all things goals! @sophiaivory