Candles are a great way to decorate your home and also make wonderful gifts. Try this easy recipe to make your own scented candles.
- Soy wax flakes
- Double-boiler saucepan, or a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water
- Ready-made wicks
- Hot-glue gun – if your wicks don’t come with a sticky dot underneath
- Essential oils or liquid fragrance
- Mason jar
- Measure your wax flakes into the top pot of a double-boiler saucepan, with boiling water in the pot below. Melt the flakes over a medium heat.
- In the meantime stick your wicks in the center of your mason jar with either a hot glue gun or the sticky pad that comes with the wicks. Wind the top of the wick around a chopstick to keep it straight.
- Once the wax has melted stir through a few drops of your desired fragrance.
- Slowly poor your wax into your mason jars being careful not to disturb the wick.
- Let your candles set for up to 24 hours.