We aren’t able to travel overseas at the moment so why not make the most of our backyard! New Zealand has some amazing views and experiences you have yet to explore. Check out these amazing travel deals now.
Based on data over the past four weeks, the top destinations Kiwis are searching for to explore are:
Kiwis were flocking to all-time favourites such as Fiji, Bali, Melbourne and Sydney. However, with international travel still off the cards, Kiwis are left to explore their own backyard and rediscover the beauty that makes New Zealand so unique.
For Kiwis needing some holiday inspiration, below is a curated list of great accommodation offers and activities the whole family will enjoy.
- For travellers hoping to catch the tail-end of the ski season, Gibbston Valley Lodge & Spa is offering Kiwis up to 30% off^ on Expedia between now and 30 September 2020 for stays until 27 October 2020. Situated on a historic winery, this brand new five-star property is the perfect place to rest and recharge after a day on the slopes.
- Overlooking Lake Wakatipu and the mountain range, Spinnaker Bay Apartments offers Kiwis self-contained apartments with a variety of on-site facilities. Travellers who book through Expedia can receive up to 20% off^ until 15 December 2020.
- Those seeking a city staycation, Nesuto Stadium Hotel and Apartments is currently running a 10% off ‘Good to Go’ offer which includes Free Parking. Expedia Members can also receive an additional 10% off, while Gold Members may score extra perks as part of the Expedia VIP Access program.
- Overlooking the scenic Latimer Square, Rydges Latimer Christchurch is the perfect base to explore the Garden City. Travellers who book on Expedia can receive up to 25% off^ and Expedia members can receive up to 35% off.
- Enjoy a day on Lake Taupo and learn about the culture and history as you voyage to the Maori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay while discovering the hidden bays and beautiful coastline. Travellers who book through Expedia can enjoy up to 15% off.
- Perfect for a family day out, release your inner ninja as you zip, jump and swing through the Wellington Adrenalin Forest Adventure Park. The six unique courses feature a range of thrilling obstacles between the trees, on bridges, wires and extensive ziplines.
Justine Yusi, Communications Manager ANZ said: “The pandemic has definitely impacted the way Kiwis travel, with waves of restrictions, the ability to plan ahead has been challenging. However New Zealanders are not letting it dampen their holiday mood and it’s encouraging to see Kiwis still keen to get out and support the local tourism industry.”