- 1 egg3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 fresh, or roasted, red capsicum, sliced
- 50g LeaderBrand Baby Spinach
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets, drained
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 90ml olive oil
- Salt to taste
- To make beetroot hummus, put the chickpeas, beetroot, garlic, lemon, cumin, salt and tahini in a food processer. Whiz for 30 seconds and then slowly drizzle in your olive oil. Once all the oil is in and combined, if it looks a bit thick in consistency then drizzle in a couple of tablespoons of cold water and combine.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- To assemble your burgers, remove beetroot from packet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Top and tail the beetroot (trim the ends so they will sit flat on the board) then cut the beetroot in half. Pat dry again.
- Coat in flour, then place in a whisked egg/milk mixture and finally coat in Parmesan.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and cook at 180°C for approx. 15 minutes or until the Parmesan is golden.
- Now fill your mini burgers with cream cheese, avocado, spinach, capsicum, tomato and beetroot hummus.
- Serve and enjoy.