It doesn’t matter if your hair is thick, thin or somewhere in between, most of us long to rock some beautiful beach waves. We want your beach curls to feel effortless, so here are three techniques that will help you feel like even more of a beach babe.
Mastering the curling iron
Using a curling iron is one of the easiest ways get those beach curls, but if you feel like you need a PHD to use them correctly, these tips will help you master two ways for curling so you can start showing off your new summer look.
- Start with clean, dry hair
- Heat your curling iron
- Section your hair into pieces (top, middle, bottom)
- Alternate between curling away from your face and then towards it
- Spray with salt spray or texturiser and scrunch your curls
- Wash hair and towel dry
- Part hair at the back in to two sections
- Twirl sections into two separate buns that sit at the nape of your neck
- Leave to dry for a few hours
- Take the buns out and twirl with your fingers
- Add a texturiser and spray with dry shampoo or hairspray to hold
A wavy ponytail
- Spray hair with a texturiser or some dry shampoo, working it through your roots
- Pop your hair in to a high pony
- Using a curling iron, curl small sections of your hair until you’ve completed the pony
- Scrunch the curls and separate the pony a little
Written by Lilly Potter
A beauty and fashion goddess with the mouth of a sailor, Lilly is our go-to for what’s happening in the world of celebs. With a green tea in hand 90% of the time, she loves photography, surfing and dominating board game nights. It’s a problem.
Favourite Disney film: Beauty & the Beast